Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #110

Hello friends!!  It's Tuesday and you know that means another challenge at Shopping Our Stash.  We have a fun challenge for you this week!  Have you ever bought something "amazing" for you card making only to get it home and wonder "why did I buy this"?  And then it sits in your stash forever.  Come on!  We've all done it!  Fess up!  Well, we want to see those items on your card today.  You loved them at one time (even if it was only for 2 minutes at the store) so they deserve a place on your card right??  lol  You can do it!!  I have faith in you!
 So here's my card.  I used a lot of stash this time.  My "what was I thinking" item are the flip flop and bikini "buttons".  They aren't actually buttons, there's no way to sew them on, but I'm not sure what else to call them.  Several years ago I purchased several packages of these things in all different themes.  I neatly organized them in a small plastic bin, tucked them in the drawer and left them there to age.  I think they are well aged!  The papers were all scraps from my stash.  Even the white embossed piece was already embossed!  The green ribbon is really old but the twine is fairly new but from a friend's stash!  The stamp is from PTI and I have never used it.
 The inside is very plain for me although I added another "button", this time a beach ball.
Here's another shot.  A fun card, but not my usual style.  I was going through my cards yesterday, looking for one for my niece and realized I make some pretty great cards sometimes....I need to make more.  It's good therapy, right?

Anyway, it's your turn now.  Dig into your stash (dig deep if you have to) and join us for this fun challenge this week!

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. This is certainly a change from your usual style, but it's still really cute!!
    I need to dig out my odd bits and play along this week!d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what they are, because I own a million of them - flatback buttons! At least that's what Dress it Up called them (and I have some of those flip-flops still in my stash, lol) Or also scrapbooking buttons. Card making is totally therapy for me - time just for me :) I love the colours you went with - this card is just summer all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the idea of craft supplies that are "well aged" not unlike a fine wine... except you really CANNOT make a fabulous, fun, summery card with a fine wine, can you?! certainly not one as wonderfully "stash-centric" as this one. awesome job!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete