Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shopping Our Stash #94

Good morning, dear friends!  I have been a bit MIA lately.  I think the continued cold weather and overcast days have set my little creative fairy packing.  She seems to be no-where to be found!!  I wish she would hurry up and get back!

Today it's time for another new challenge at Shopping Our Stash.  It's a fun and easy one this week.  We want to see your card or project that features Easter or Spring!  Maybe if we have spring inside the weather will cooperate??  I'm hoping!!  (I really have to talk myself into running when its 25 degrees out there....that's Fahrenheit not Celsius!)

OK on to my card!  I had some great ideas in mind.....and my card looks nothing like them!  I like my card, don't get me wrong.  It's lovely (if I do say so myself) but I kind of wish I hadn't steered off course.  The card in my head would have fit so well with what my teammies came up with (they are all lovely by the way!) and this one sticks out like a sore thumb!!
 The background papers and focal image are all from a set by Beatriz at iralamija.  This set is called Bella Rose Background.  I isolated some of the sections and printed them separately.  I need to work on that, my technique isn't so great, but I do love ALL her images and I really like how my Spring/Summer card turned out.  I inked my layers and sewed them (my favorite techniques I think).  Then I added some stained cheesecloth (stash), green flower trim, pearls and flowers (also stash).  Also, I've had these images for probably over a year so even though they weren't printed I consider them stash too cuz I didn't have to buy them!
 I LOVE how vintage this image is!  Simply Gorgeous!
 The gingham paper is from the same set.  It turned out a bit blurry but I actually think it works with the vintage sort of feel to this card.

I didn't add a sentiment, but I think you could use it for any number of occasions.  Now it's your turn!  Dig into your stash and join us for our Easter/Spring challenge this week!

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. seems like your creative fairy made a super-strong comeback with this ♥♥♥GORGEOUS♥♥♥ confection of a card! what could be more lovely or spring-like??! now could you send this to the weather channel please and tell them to WARM IT UP around here??!?!?! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous, Michelle!! I love the papers and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said stained cheesecloth....EEK! I have a whole PACKAGE of cheesecloth kicking around that I never use because I don't think of it. There's loads. And I have reinkers....I'm so excited now to go play :)
    I love how it turned out - but I know exactly what you mean about it not looking like what you had in your head! That card will come out & play another time :) This one's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card! This is totally gorgeous.

    xo

    ReplyDelete