Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hello folks!  It's Saturday and I have another project using a cute image from Daydream Designs.

I chose a small image from the Sweet Warm Ups set.
 I printed 2 of the peppermint candies and colored them with my Prismacolor pencils.  Then I covered them with a layer of Glossy Accents.  (The other peppermint is on the other side of the box.)    I made the box after seeing a similar one on Pinterest.  Unfortunately the link was broken so I won't link it here.  I sort of figured out how to put the box together but mine doesn't look like the pictures when it's open.  But that's ok because I like how this turned out.  I used green and red paper to cover the box and embossed the red with my Swiss dot folder.  The sparkly red trim is from my LCS.
Here is the box opened.  The original was actually a box when you folded down the sides but I couldn't come up with how they did that.  It doesn't matter though since the ribbon keeps it closed.  I put a fun treat inside for the nail artist at my hairdresser's.  My daughter is planning to have her own bakery someday and just finished several open houses to sell some of her creations.  These are peppermint oreos covered in white chocolate with crushed peppermints on top.  I haven't tried one yet but I'm guessing they are amazing!

Christmas is right around the corner.  I hope you are enjoying the time with family and loved ones.

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment