Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #160

Good morning and many blessings to you today!  Grab a cuppa and stay awhile.

Today it is time for a new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  This week I am the hostess.  That means I chose the scripture for our challenge.  That means I also spent time praying about what the Lord would have me share with you.  My verses are:

"that you being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height - to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge."  Ephesians 3:17-18

I have walked with the Lord a long time and I have always believed that He loves me.  But this year everything has been stripped away and I have allowed myself to sink into the everlasting arms of my Heavenly Father.  I have let Him love me.  Have you ever read the gospel according to John?  Do you know how he refers to himself?  John 13:23 says: "Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved."  John refers to himself that way more than once.  Think about that.  He doesn't say Jesus loved him more.  He says "the disciple whom Jesus loved".  John allowed Jesus to love him.  To understand that think about children.  Some of them let you love on them and some hold you at a distance.  You may love two people the same but they may respond differently to you.  John allowed Jesus to love him.  What does that mean?  Again, think of a small child.  When they are scared, hurt, worried or lonely you want to comfort them.  The one that lets you love them will climb into your arms trusting that you are going to take care of them, that everything will be ok.  And that is what I have learned to do this year.  I have taken my head knowledge of Jesus and let it become heart knowledge.  I was brought to the very end of myself and I chose to say "I love You, Lord and I will allow You to have Your way and work in me.  I will glorify You and I will let You show me the grandeur of Your love."  And He has.  More than I can say.  I am experiencing the width, length, depth and height of His love.

Thinking about how great the love of the Lord is, I want you to create something that shows length, width, depth and height.  In other words I would like to see you make a box, or alter a box.  (you could also simply use an image of a box if you prefer...like a gift...?)  So get your creative juices flowing and make something amazing for us this week!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!!
A while back I was blog surfing and I landed on the most beautiful blog.  I think her name is Wenche.  She has the most beautiful things over there.  She had made this box and then given a tutorial here.  Her directions were excellent and my box went together so easily following her directions.  I used my current favorite paper from MME.  I can't get enough of this stuff! 
I inked all my edges of both the box and the DP.  The roses were from my stash as well as my pearls.  (You can't have too big a stash of pearls I'm thinking)
The DP is double sided so I used the gingham on the back for some of the panels.
Here is the great thing about this box!  When you open it the sides can slide out so you can see the inside better.  I added some old SU stamps to the plain panels.

I think that's about it.  Be sure to stop by all my Sister's blogs and see what lovely treasures they have for you this week!  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Beyond gorgeous, Michelle. I just knew you'd have a wonderful devotional and jaw-dropping project to share with us. Your talent amazes me. I'm so glad you included the link to get the box instruction. I love making boxes and this one is so unique. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration that we can put in our hearts...and take to our craft room! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- this is beyond beautiful! I love the colors and I agree, you can never have too many pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this is beautiful! I love the box - I would love just the box, don't have to put a thing in it! Your devotion was wonderful! I loved reading it with your wonderful insight. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great devotional, Michelle! Love those verses...a favorite! Wonderful project...what an amazing box! Never saw anything like it before! (Thanks for the tutorial link!) You have decorated it so beautifully! Just love the vintagey look of it with the perfect stamps and flowers! You are so talented...thanks for sharing that with us!
    Bless you!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box is amazingly gorgeous! I love your papers and roses & pearls. Stunning work! Your devotion was wonderful, too! It's almost unfathomable how much He loves us! Thanks for the reminder to let Him love us. Have a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  6. This box is stunning. I loved reading your words of encouragement. Hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what an awesome gorgeous looking box
    I love making boxes too and have tutorials to many shaped boxes on my blog
    Here is the link if you would like to have a look:http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.in/search/label/Box%20Tutorial

    ReplyDelete