Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #156

Hello friends!  Welcome again!  I am so glad to have you here.  Please enjoy your look around.

Today I have a card for the new challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  Jerusha is our lovely hostess this week and she chose the following verses for our inspiration:

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."  Romans 3:23-24

I think we would all agree we are not perfect.  That's pretty obvious when we look at others.  And if we are honest we will admit it about ourselves as well.  God knows that.  He knows we fall short.  We miss the mark.  That is exactly why He sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins.  Jesus paid the ultimate price for us.  He died on the cross and rose again that we might spend eternity in heaven.  Our sins keep us out of God's presence but when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour we have access to the God of the universe.  What a marvelous gift!  The thought of God's great love puts a smile on my face and joy in my heart.

Jerusha has asked us to use only bright colors (to reflect the beauty of God's love for His children), no neutrals, blacks or browns.  That was such a great idea and I love this challenge!
 I used a die from Memory Box called "Wonky Scallop" to cut strips of paper in rainbow colors.  My daughter Katie said she thought it sounded lame when I first told her, but the finished card is "very cool" according to her.  I stamped my sentiment (an old one from SU) in white.
The back is the same.  My custom stamp is also stamped in white.

Our sponsor this time is The Craft's Meow and they are offering our winner 1 set of their choice.  I hope you play along with us this week.

I guess that's about it.  Stop by all my Sister's blogs to see what they have for you.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful rainbow of colors on your card!! I like the 'wonky scallop'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! absolutely wonderful bright colors. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is more beautiful and uplifting than a rainbow...and a very fun way to show off your scallops. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a FUN, pretty design, Michelle! Love the bright colors and the pattern you used...pattern, solid, pattern, solid...It did turn out really "cool"!
    Have a blessed week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bright cheerful card! All the colors are so wonderful and I love the way you've put it all together! Blessings! ~H

    ReplyDelete