Saturday, September 1, 2012

Icy Fairy

Hello, hello!  Welcome to my place.  I hope you enjoy your stay.

Today I have a card featuring one of my current favorite images by one of my all-time favorite artists. Winter Fairy Halla  is the sweetest thing!  I would love to snuggle this cutie!
I colored (....her?  him?  Two of my oldest children (20ish) were arguing last night about Halla's gender.  I suppose I could have solved that argument if I was familiar with the name but I'm not.) with my Prismacolor pencils.  There are lots of layers on the clothing let me tell you!  Took a while to be happy with it.  Not sure why.
I had fun making a mess with the papers.  I had it in my head that I wanted to crackle the card stock.  So I did.  I used crackle medium by Delta and brushed that on.  When that had dried enough I covered it with Warm White acrylic paint.  Love how this turned out.  It's not brittle like I thought it would be.  I put scraps of cheesecloth behind my image and the center square.  I also added petite, silver-lined clear beads and small snowflake charms.  Both were in my stitching stash and both were from Mill Hill.  (I sewed all of them on.  It's a cleaner look than gluing I think.)
The inside is a bit plain.  I did ink the edges of the pink panel and the blue panel is embossed with a snowflake pattern.  I put the writing panel in the corner to reflect the sketch from the outside.


I am entering my card I the following challenges:
Mo's Digital Challenge Blog - Lovely layers
Sketchy Colors - Photo Inspiration for the colors
Crafts 4 Eternity - Less is More (this truly is CAS for me!)
The Paper Shelter - Layers Upon Layers

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful card you have made!
    Love the background, so wonderful!!

    Sorry, but you missed that we want to see the pastel version of the colours, Blue, Pink, Green and white.
    Welcome to join us at our new challenge tomorrow :)
    Hugs, Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your CAS card, so perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Michelle!! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the crackle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just stunning! Your coloring is just fab. Love the Cracked technique. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Stamp
    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card! Thanks for joining us at this week’s The Paper Shelter Challenge. DT Member Shannon/Shannon83k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you so much for sharing your gorgeous CAS card with us at crafts 4 Eternity this week xx

    ReplyDelete