Sunday, July 15, 2012

SSiC #148

Good morning lovely friends and welcome.  It's been hot and dry but the blueberry crop is amazing and we have been busy!  We have all had some blue teeth this week!

I have a card for the new challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  Meisje is our hostess she has chosen our inspiration verse and challenge this week.

"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned?  It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men."  Matthew 5:13

I kept reading this portion of scripture and my eye fell upon verse 16:

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

People should know we are Christians by the way we live our lives.  We may not have a chance to share the Good News with every person we come in contact with, but they should know we spend time with Jesus when we finish our encounter with them.  We need to fill up with Jesus each day so when things start coming out of us it will be Jesus coming out and not ourselves.  That's being salt and light.  And when someone mentions the way we conduct ourselves we need to make sure we point them to Jesus so they can glorify our Father.  No taking credit for ourselves.  Just point 'em to Jesus.

Meisje would like to see us add sparkle to our cards this week.  And maybe our lives can sparkle this week too.  Give a little blessing to someone this week for no reason what so ever.

Our sponsor the week is Stamps of Life and the prize is a free set worth up to $12.95.  I hope you play along this week and let us see your sparkle!!

I chose a sweet image over at Mo's called Ragged Angel.  She is such a sweet little thing.
I colored her with my Prismaclor pencils and added some Stickles to the snowflakes falling around her.
I'm not sure the papers are exactly wintry but I was so in love with them and had to use them.  And I think it works!  Can you see the small seed beads I sewed to the card?  First I laid a piece of white tulle over my DP and sewed around the edges.  I then sewed the vertical element on top of that as well as the base of the image.  I marked where I wanted to put the beads and then sewed them on by hand.  When the card was done I was left with the dilemma of what to do with the extra tulle sticking off all 4 edges. I very carefully held the card over my stove which had a low flame.  The tulle melted up and looked shabby.  I love it!  I would suggest if you try something like this that you practice on a scrap of tulle to see how quickly it melts and disappears.  (Also, make sure your young children aren't around to get any bad ideas and your grown children aren't around to talk about having you committed!)  I think I will be trying this technique again!  My flowers are all from Wild Orchid.  The green sparkly spirals are the wires from the flowers I twisted around the handle of a paintbrush, dipped in tacky glue and coated with green glass glitter from Wild Orchid.  The are very pretty.  That glitter really catches the light.
The image is actually mounted on a small card.  This is the verse I put on the inside.
Here's the inside.  I didn't add much to the left side so you could see the glorious paper.
  So that's about it.  Be sure you stop by the other DT members sites and see the beautiful creations they have created.  I hope we see you this week.

Thanks for taking a peek.

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

7 comments:

  1. wow, this is stunning inside and out. Love Mo's images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Michelle, I love this! I will have to try that with the tulle! And make sure that my young grandchildren and older children are not around, LOL! Thanks for the challenge to be a sparkle (blessing) to someone this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm and wonderful, sparkly and sweet, so very vintage-y, amazing artwork! YOU. I love your creations! I love your sweet heart...you do point others to the Savior...your life is a compass and you are pointed due north. Blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww Michelle - such beautiful details on this darling card! I love that image - and the tulle, what a great idea. I always adore your work - beautiful! Thank you so much for all you add to the SSIC Design Team Michelle! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card, Michelle. I love what you did with the tulle. You've added so many beautiful details - they're fabulous. Blessings and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Michelle! So many lovely details! How you used that tulle is amazing! You are so creative AND brave! I love the DP's, the dark autumn colors...perfect with snow flurries! VERY nicely done!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Your coloring and card making skills are just nuts! This is lovely! Always enjoy coming by to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete