Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Merry Christmas Elf

Good morning and thanks for stopping by.  Today I have a card with an adorable image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  He's called Sticky and you can find him here.  The challenge at Mo's Challenge Blog is "Any Holiday or Celebration".  I chose Christmas so I could use this cutie  :)

I used my Prismacolor pencils to color him.  I love these pencils, I just need more practice....   I added MS tinsel glitter to his hat and pom-poms, gold Stickles to his jingle bell, clear Stickles around the image and Glossy Affects to the candy cane.
I added some pearls to the edge of the image.  My little bouquet embellishment includes some vintage seem binding (it was in my stash and the cardboard it was wrapped around was yellowed.... vintage!), a pin I decorated with beads from my (daughter's) stash, a brown cherry blossom from Wild Orchid, 3 small jingle bells from my stash and some great off white sparkly, fuzzy, berry things I bought at Hobby Lobby.
Here's the whole card.  The paper is from a great stack by MME called Oh Christmas Tree.  The papers are so pretty and a little vintage-y.  I embossed the green panel with a Sizzix embossing folder called "Evergreen".  That's my take on the challenge at Tip Top Tuesday where they want you to make your own background paper.  Maybe it's a little far fetched, I don't know, but I was drawing a blank.  I added more gold Stickles around the sentiment panel that I stamped with a great stamp from Inkadinkado in the Christmas Silhouettes Collection.  The pearls and vintage lace are from my stash.

The inside is pretty simple.  I used another stamp from the same collection to embellish the writing panel.

And here's the back.  I added a piece of ribbon behind my custom stamp.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Mo's Challenge Blog - Any Holiday or Celebration
Catered Crop - for my recipe I used: Christmas, pink/burgundy & green, sewing machine, die cuts, glitter, jingle bells and lace
Mojo Monday - Sketch and square card
Digi Tuesday - Cute & Cuddly
Tip Top Tuesday - Make Your Own Background Paper
Ribbon Carousel - Anything
Papertake - Anything & Bling
Christmas Stampin All Year Long - Jingle All the Way
The Pixie Cottage - Christmas

I guess that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs

Michelle

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow gorgeous card, love your colouring and your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Lovely festive colors and coloring! Love the inside decoration too!
    Thanks for playing along at Mo's this week! Hope you will join us again soon!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute this is! I love the shine on the candy cane! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable, love what you did both inside and out. Sticky is just one of my favorite little elves.. but then again I say that about all Mo's images. I am so glad that you joined in on the fun this week with us, I do hope you can find the time to play with us again next week as well.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday in Make Your Own Background challenge this week. :)

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and fabulous detail inside and out.
    Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage this week and hope you can join us again.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! The image is too cute! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh Michelle, this is just adorable Sticky is one of my all time fave Mo Christmas elf!!.
    Love the layout & colour combo on this too, thanks for joining us over at DP2 this week.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is so pretty! Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty card! Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet!
    Thanks for playing at the Ribbon Carousel!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at the Ribbon Carousel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, I love the cute image too! Really stylish card, Love the punched edge too!Thanks for coming to join us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our Vintage Challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    Ps candy on my blog x

    Thank you also for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card, great colouring, I love all the little details you added. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card!! Love the inside and the back, too! Thanks for playing at The Ribbon Carousel!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! I love the colors you used.


    I love seeing how you were inspired by my projects!

    ~Cheryl~ (Guest Chef for the Catered Crop)
    ** Check out my blog candy **

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness gracious gravy - how adorable is this!! I love Mo and you did such an amazing job with this - so many lovely touches. Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Pixie Cottage challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautifull card!!! Thanks for joining us at ATSC!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete